Volunteer and Crew Information
No volunteers, no Monument Festival. Thank you ❤️ We will for sure have an amazing time together in Veggli!
● Inclusive ● Sustainable ● Creative ● Forward leaning ● High quality
Remember to live by them at the festival.
Before the festival
1. Booking a spot on the volunteer shuttle buses: Log in to InitLive, click “Edit”, and fill out the recently added questions about departure, arrival and food preferences.
2. Download the InitLive app from Google Play or App Store. We will use it for information during the festival, and to check you in to your shifts. You can also use it to get in contact with your team leader.
3. June 1st: Digital meeting with everyone involved in the festival.
4. June 15th: Shift selection deadline. The shifts will be locked after this day.
- Your selected shifts are the ones you get. They are not just a list of wishes where some of them will be approved by Monument organisers. In other words, when you are signed up to a shift, we count on you to show up, so make sure to only be signed up to shifts you intend on taking.
- Before the festival: 3x 8 hours shifts.
- During the festival 2x 6 hours shifts (approximately, some shifts can be shorter and that’s ok).
- As a rule of thumb, if you work during the festival, you should take one day or evening shift (some shift happening between 09-21) and one night shift (21-03) to make sure nobody needs to take two night shifts.
- We prefer if you take two shifts within the same team/role, as you won’t need training for two different teams that way. However, you are free to select two completely different types of shifts if you want to.
5. Check the list of prohibited items and the packing list. Last year it was 5 degrees celsius during the night, so bring proper warm clothes, just in case.
Volunteer buses leave on Thursday 3rd at 16:00 from the parking space in front of the main entrance to the Norwegian Opera and Ballet in Oslo. Make sure to be there 30 minutes in advance for efficient check-in, so the bus can leave on time. Other traveling options are at your own responsibility and cost.
Are you arriving Tuesday August 1st or Wednesday August 2nd to help with the festival setup, we encourage you to take the train to Kongsberg, then bus from Kongsberg to Risteigen. https://entur.no/ is helpful. Another good option is to use the MNMT Family Facebook Group to find someone to share a car with.
To do on arrival:
- Check in at the parking area (1-2 on the map) to get your wristband and volunteer button.
- Baggage check (4 on the map). Make sure not to bring any prohibited items (see below).
- Put up your tent, campervan or other sleeping option. If you have rented a lavvo, the Info Desk (5 on the map) will guide you.
Volunteer buses leave on Monday 7th at 12:00 and Tuesday 8th at 12:00 from the festival parking lot. Other options are at your own responsibility and cost.
Volunteer barbeque and training
Thursday 3rd at 19:30 we organize a barbeque for all volunteers. We highly encourage you to join! We will all meet, greet and eat. Some general information about the festival will also be given.
Early Friday 4th there will be brief team-wise training sessions.
Volunteer area and meals
At the volunteer area (6 on the map), you can get coffee, tea and meet other volunteers. All meals are also served here—breakfast, lunch and dinner. Note that all the hot meals for crew and volunteers are vegetarian.
Are you helping before the festival, you get all meals every day. If you are helping during the festival, you get one hot meal (lunch or dinner) per shift. To see the time-slots you are assigned for hot meals, look up your shifts in InitLive closer to the festival. Due to tight meal planning, you cannot get free meals outside your assigned ones.
Meals are served 1st–7th at set times.
15 minutes before your shift, show up at the shift location specified in InitLive to check in with your shift leader. If you are not sure where to meet up, approach the Info desk.
If you cannot make your shift, inform your team leader asap. Sudden absence from your responsibilities is going to cause an impact on others.
Always wear your volunteer button (or other outfit decided by your team leader) while on a shift so guests know you are working.
Be friendly. Smile. Don’t run. Be sober. Be respectful towards everyone. If you see prohibited items, report to security. Pick up litter.
Health and safety
Before going to the festival, if you’re not well, contact your team leader and stay at home if required.
Make sure you know the health and safety rules, attend training and ask your team leader if you have any questions.
If you observe any inappropriate behavior, drug abuse and sexual harassment report to your team leader or one of the professional security guards immediately.
In the case of an emergency, follow the instructions and guide everyone to the emergency gathering point (20 on the map).
Help anyone in need, and contact Medic for support (phone number below).
Don’t bring any of the following items to the festival:
● Alcoholic drinks ● Weapons ● Drugs/illegal substances ● Animals ● Glass objects (bottles, glasses etc.) ● Burners (primus, gas canisters etc.) ● Spray paint ● Megaphones and other noisy objects ● Drones ● Umbrellas and other pointy objects ● Loudspeakers / ghettoblasters.
Lost and found
Deliver lost & found items to the Info desk.
Clean-up and after-party
On Monday 7th we clean up the entire festival area apart from Haven (chill-out area). When every single trace of us is gone, all volunteers who have helped cleaning are invited to an after-party to celebrate what we have created together!
To help with clean-up, sign up to the “Full festival clean-up” shift in InitLive. This shift is in addition to the required 2-3 shifts before or during the festival.
|Hallvard||Health and safety||+4797580369|
|Josef||Medic / first aid||+4746663966|
|Anita||Lost and found||+447926228347|
For questions regarding your shifts and tasks, contact your team leader ☀️
More information can be found at https://festival.mnmt.no/information-2023/